TFC Overview and History
The TFC was originally established in 1919 as the State Board of Control, which mandated consolidation of the State's purchasing, printing, and property management functions. The State Purchasing and General Services Commission replaced the State Board of Control in September 1979. The agency's name was changed again in 1991 to the General Services Commission. The General Services Commission (GSC), the TBPC's immediate predecessor, was abolished in 2001 by the 77th Legislature. For more information, please visit the Handbook of Texas.
OVERVIEW OF AGENCY SCOPE AND FUNCTIONS
The Texas Facilities Commission oversees the building maintenance and construction activities of state-owned office buildings and facilities, leasing procurement and office space lease management services for other state agencies.