Welcome to the Texas Facilities Commission (TFC)
The Texas Facilities Commission (TFC) is responsible for providing a high quality work environment for state government that is functional, energy efficient, and cost effective. TFC manages its state resources with the highest standards of integrity, accountability, and efficiency, continually striving to deliver agency services with a commitment to excellence and innovation. With these ideals at the heart of every agency decision, TFC performs its core operational services of planning and real estate management, facilities design and construction, and surplus property administration.
TFC's portfolio of leased and owned facilities encompasses more than 28.5 million square feet of office, warehouse and parking facilities, supporting the needs of over 100 state agencies and housing over 60,000 state employees in 288 cities throughout Texas. PREM is responsible for the planning and management of these state-owned and leased facilities with the principal services and functions being:
• Long-Range and Strategic Analyses and Planning
• Public Private Partnership (P3) Program
• Space Allocation and Management
• Pre-Design, Space Program Development and Plan Review
• State Leasing Services
• Property Management Services
• State of Texas Child Care Program / Capitol Complex Child Care Center - On January 12, 2015, TFC issued a solicitation for a child care services provider to operate and manage the State of Texas Child Care Program. This solicitation may be found on the Electronic State Business Daily.
For the facilities managed by TFC, FDC is responsible for project management oversight, minor construction, building infrastructure maintenance and repairs, and energy management.
• Project Management performs management of new construction and major renovations of state facilities throughout the life of the project, including the planning, design, procurement, and construction phases
• Minor Construction provides construction services to state agencies for small projects.
• Small Contractor Participation Assistance provides opportunities for small contractors to participate in large public works projects.
• Office of Energy Management is dedicated to the energy management of buildings, parking garages, and ancillary facilities managed by TFC. Potential energy and utility savings initiatives are evaluated as part of all projects and ongoing operation.
TFC administers the state and federal surplus property programs. The State Surplus program has property available for sale to the general public, including surplus vehicles, furniture, and equipment. This program assists state agencies with the disposal of surplus and salvage state property in a way that maximizes revenue to the State. The facility is located in Austin, Tx and also sells items abandoned or lost at state airports. The Federal Surplus program involves managing the disposition of surplus and salvage property donated to the State by federal programs. Organizations certified as eligible under federal agency regulations can receive and use federally donated property, but the general public may not participate in this program. Examples of eligible organizations include political subdivisions, volunteer fire departments, educational or public health institutions, and some nonprofit assistance organizations.
OTHER AGENCY INFORMATION
Public information requests and press inquiries may be directed to TFC's Legal Services Division. Personnel issues are handled by TFC Human Resources. Inquiries pertaining to accounting, budget, procurement, or information technology may be directed to the Finance Division. Inquiries regarding TFC's HUB program may be directed to the HUB program director. For more information regarding the agency's organizational structure, go to leadership and contact information.